Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Growing Pains

Recently, I’ve been trying to grow my hair out after rocking my short haircut for almost a year. Maybe I shouldn’t be complaining too much since my hair grows quite fast, but sometimes it’s frustrating. I should’ve known that growing my hair back wasn’t going to be easy after watching my mom’s struggle years ago. And I can’t say I wasn’t warned by her because I was, but my exact words were “Its just hair! It’s going to grow out anyways!” Apparently, my need of changing my hairstyle didn’t let me see beyond the Rosemarie Woodhouse stylish haircut. Now that I want my long locks back, I can definitely understand my mom’s despair. The truth is, there’s always going to be that moment when you’re not going to know how to style your hair, how to trim it without cutting too much or how to stop it from looking like a mullet or like Justin Bieber just landed on your head.
So, here’re some tips that helped me over the past few months that will make your growing-your-hair-back-experience a pleasant one. Plus, some pictures of my hair growth. ^_^

-          Headbands and hair clips are your best friend. At this stage, accessories not only make you look chic or cute but they’re also necessary to help you “tame” your hair.

-          Your hair it’s not cooperating today, wear a hat.

-          Trim it when it’s needed. This won’t make your hair grow faster but it will get rid of the split ends and the mullet that may be creeping back into your head.

-          Give your scalp a massage. This will stimulate blood flow, which helps feed the hair follicles.

-          Be patient. I know it’s hard but think about your goal of having your long locks back!


Original haircut


Two and a half months ago



Now


TTFN! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment